Re: [opensuse-project] Re: First Survey on openSUSE Version naming is open now
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:02:13 +0100
Jim Henderson wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:29:34 -0400, Chuck Payne wrote:

Me too, though I wish we just keep numbering, it is a part of name,
like me change my last name from Payne to Smith.

Same here, I don't see a compelling reason to change, maybe just a
compelling reason to define what constitutes a major version number
increase.

One compelling reason to change is that our current numbering scheme
doesn't match what we do - i.e. we have no major.minor release scheme.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.4°C)