[opensuse-project] Re: First Survey on openSUSE Version naming is open now
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:42:54 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:02:14 +0100, jdd wrote:

Le 15/03/2011 17:56, Jim Henderson a écrit :

Same here, I don't see a compelling reason to change, maybe just a
compelling reason to define what constitutes a major version number
increase.

you see... even you don't see that there are no major/minor
difference...

Well, no, that's not what I was saying, I was saying that for a
discussion about versioning the topic shouldn't really be "what scheme
should we use" but rather "what constitutes a large enough difference
between two releases to instead of going from 11.3 to 11.4 make it a
change from 11.3 to 12.0".

IOW, I think the discussion we're having at this stage is the wrong one.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson