Am 14.03.2011 21:06, schrieb Per Jessen:
Don't worry, the BBC and the worlds monarchies have been "rewarding" the
Romans for centuries. (they all been using roman numerals for the
longest time). Regardless, if the use of a certain kind of numerals is
or could be seen as a reward or recognition, we'll probably want to
avoid the arabic numerals too - their users include all kind of
criminals throughout history.
But I bet with you, that a lot of people will write the roman numerals as the arabic numerals. Look at Pro-Linux: It´s not openSUSE their, or openSuSE. It´s OpenSuse. Some people (normaly the press....) don´t care about specifications of the distros. So, maybe a clear scheme like the current or like 2011.x or 2011-xx is better.

thanks

openSUSE Ambassador
http://www.suseusers.de.vu