Re: [opensuse-project] Contributors', developers' HOWTO ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:28:40 +0100
Andreas Jaeger wrote:

On Monday, March 14, 2011 10:12:04 Per Jessen wrote:
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 14.03.2011 09:44, schrieb Per Jessen:
I have a patch for nasm which I'd like to get into openSUSEs
version of nasm - it's really annoying when I forget I have a
local version of nasm, and accidentally build on a target system
with the vanilla nasm.

I know I can easily open a bug report and probably get this patch
in that way, but I was thinking that I might as well skip all of
that and just "do it".

I probably haven't looked in the right places, but I couldn't find
a HOWTO that explains to me how to get from e.g. my local patch to
published openSUSE update. Is there such a HOWTO out there?

Update or Factory?

Factory I suppose - it's hardly a security bug.

For updates this one is relevant:
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Maintenance

For Factory the process is to submitreq your change to the devel
project of nasm <devel project="devel:tools:compiler"
package="nasm"/>

I've read those two lines a couple of times, and I still don't know
where to start :-(

Besides, my patch was accepted upstream more than a year ago, so the
nasm devel project seems to a little shorthanded - part of why I
thought I might as well do it myself.

I blogged some time ago with an example:

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/06/20/opensuse-factory-fixing-packages/

The build service documentation contains more details e.g. at:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Collaboration

Btw. check also:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/09/13/build-service-cheat-sheet/

If you want help directly, please ask on the opensuse-packaging
mailing list or on the #opensuse-buildservice IRC channel,

Okay, those looks like useful links, thanks, I'll no doubt come back to
this on -packaging.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.6°C)