Re: [opensuse-project] Contributors', developers' HOWTO ?
On Monday, March 14, 2011 10:12:04 Per Jessen wrote:
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 14.03.2011 09:44, schrieb Per Jessen:
I have a patch for nasm which I'd like to get into openSUSEs version
of nasm - it's really annoying when I forget I have a local version
of nasm, and accidentally build on a target system with the vanilla
nasm.

I know I can easily open a bug report and probably get this patch in
that way, but I was thinking that I might as well skip all of that
and just "do it".

I probably haven't looked in the right places, but I couldn't find a
HOWTO that explains to me how to get from e.g. my local patch to a
published openSUSE update. Is there such a HOWTO out there?

Update or Factory?

Factory I suppose - it's hardly a security bug.

For updates this one is relevant:
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Maintenance

For Factory the process is to submitreq your change to the devel
project of nasm <devel project="devel:tools:compiler" package="nasm"/>

I've read those two lines a couple of times, and I still don't know
where to start :-(

Besides, my patch was accepted upstream more than a year ago, so the
nasm devel project seems to a little shorthanded - part of why I
thought I might as well do it myself.

I blogged some time ago with an example:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/06/20/opensuse-factory-fixing-packages/

The build service documentation contains more details e.g. at:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Collaboration

Btw. check also:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/09/13/build-service-cheat-sheet/

If you want help directly, please ask on the opensuse-packaging mailing list
or on the #opensuse-buildservice IRC channel,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany