Re: [opensuse-project] Contributors', developers' HOWTO ?
Am 14.03.2011 09:44, schrieb Per Jessen:
I have a patch for nasm which I'd like to get into openSUSEs version of
nasm - it's really annoying when I forget I have a local version of
nasm, and accidentally build on a target system with the vanilla nasm.

I know I can easily open a bug report and probably get this patch in
that way, but I was thinking that I might as well skip all of that and
just "do it".

I probably haven't looked in the right places, but I couldn't find a
HOWTO that explains to me how to get from e.g. my local patch to a
published openSUSE update. Is there such a HOWTO out there?

Update or Factory?

For updates this one is relevant:
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Maintenance

For Factory the process is to submitreq your change to the devel project
of nasm <devel project="devel:tools:compiler" package="nasm"/>

Wolfgang