Re: [opensuse-project] Looking for sponsors.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:44:04 +0100
Nelson Marques wrote:

I believe the principle is quite simple... there's always a 'costs vs
benefits' relation, even in sponsoring. Either by visibility, social,
financial, taxes, etc... there is usually a benefit.

An investor would expect a tangible benefit, whereas a sponsor wouldn't.
In book-keeping, an investment is a property/liability, a sponsoring
only an expense.

The position of openSUSE also as a downstreamer might enable us to
have a wider set of options... One quick out of the box example... the
ISO19001 certification process and some of heavy/light weights of the
industry.

I guess you meant ISO14001?

For example, could we launch a 'hardware recycling' campaign?

It's already done in many places. For instance, everytime I buy
hardware, I pay for the recycling up front.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.2°C)