Re: [opensuse-project] Looking for sponsors.
This is answer to
Archive message number 9529.

Investors would be nicer than just 'sponsors'... Besides it sounds far
more attractive... If you are looking for an idea... Run a pool on how
many people are using with Linux those USB pens for mobile
connectivity and ring some bells... Vodafone would be awesome.

Just an idea... good luck.

NM

Interesting idea.

Once the foundation is established, I expect there will be some
serious formal discussion on fund-raising methods. One key area will
be the Shop - I think quality product and a good international
delivery system will see many users keen to get openSUSE gear!

Sponsorship seems to me to have different connotations to being an
Investor, and being an investor implies an expectation of return. (I
think there was a related thread on this somewhere: with some types of
donation, the money is free to be used as we see fit; other forms of
donation allow the donor/sponsor to dictate terms).

There will also be ethical considerations: it's critical that any
sponsors are appropriate to an open source project and won't create
conflicts due business practices, political or religious affiliations.

cheers,

Helen

--
IRC: helen_au