Re: [opensuse-project] Looking for sponsors.
On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:17 PM, Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is answer to
Archive message number 9529.

It is new topic, that still has no real need to discuss, but this has to be
set properly, just as Nelson stated.

On Friday, March 11, 2011 08:59:34 AM Nelson Marques wrote:
When from a marketing point view, instead of paying them royalties for
using their intellectual property, we should  be considering doing
some money for promoting their stuff ;)

I don't think it will ever happen.

Everything begun with an idea.
With Foundation it will be valid job to look for sponsors, even those that we
never considered before.

Investors would be nicer than just 'sponsors'... Besides it sounds far
more attractive... If you are looking for an idea... Run a pool on how
many people are using with Linux those USB pens for mobile
connectivity and ring some bells... Vodafone would be awesome.

I know that it will be hard, and the best way is actually by phone...
There's around 85 Mobile Operators (or used to be in 2008) and over
350 MVNO's. I would strongly consider knocking on Vodafone's bell, as
I've had some cool experiences with them in the past and they pretty
nice as long as you promote them... Maybe considering supporting in
full Vodafone would open a nice relation...

I'm not available for establishing such contacts, I would recommend
Marketing to do that... A good idea to start looking for corporate
contacts would be Kompass[1] (unless you already have the contacts of
some top product managers).

[1] - http://kompass.com

Just an idea... good luck.

NM

--
Regards,
Rajko

Nelson Marques

/* As cicatrizes lembram-nos de onde estivemos, mas não ditam para onde vamos */