* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-11-11 15:39]:

Which might just be a good argument for keeping version numbering. To a
non-native English speaker "Etch" is perhap at best a part
of "Etch-a-Sketch", an 80s childs toy. Numbers are language-neutral
(for anyone using arabic numerals at least :-).

You *must* be younger than I believed %8^)
I believe "Etch-a-Sketch" was born *early* in the sixtys, perhaps earlier
yet.