Re: [opensuse-project] Test/Doc volunteer needed - Upgrade to 11.4 via yast2 wagon
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:44:42 -0500
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 2:04 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know what waggon will do, but if the work is what is said in
the wiki page, it don't seems worthwhile

What is not worthwhile? Testing and doc?

The tool was developed for SLED service pack updates and I assume will
be supported for that use regardless of what openSUSE does.

So openSUSE is just leveraging wagon for a more "GUI" based update.

It offers little functionality not already in the:

update repos
zypper in zypper
zypper dup

process, but it is more graphically attractive.

Greg