[opensuse-project] Re: How to name our releases?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:41:03 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:11:15 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am Freitag, 11. März 2011 schrieb Manu Gupta:
I will add a few more

Maybe something

based on Lord of the rings characters, Start Wars, Lizard Species

We should be sure that these names are interesting enough

Something Like openSUSE Luke Skywalker should be awesome or openSUSE
Neo

A must have - and there is no way around that: it must be clear which
version is newer.

Yep. We also couldn't use names that are registered trademarks;
Lucasfilm is very protective of their copyrights and trademarks, and I
expect the other studios would feel the same about us trying to use their
brand to further our own.

So an additional must would be not to use trademarks we don't own or
aren't licensed to use.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson