Hi,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

This also works well with seasons.
We could actually migrate the rpm macro to a proper Year-Month pattern.

Spring 2011 is somewhere around April 2011, thus written as to 1140
in the rpm macros.
Autumn 2011 could be written as 1190, if it was released around September.
YYM0 would be the temporary 'compatibility pattern' used in 2011, from next
year on, we could use YYMM. Oh, thinking of 2-digit months....

... I'd like to suggest to add one rule to the seasons option:
 Avoid Winter. A year starts and ends with Winter. That is ambiguous.

I don't think using season is a good option. We have only 2 seasons
here in South East Asia :-) . It would make sense if openSUSE release
every 4 month ;-)

I would go with Ubuntu style with small difference (YYYY.MM instead of
YY.MM) or stick with current old-school. Yes, I know it's under
discussion and at the end we should go with poll, just share what I'm
thinking while reading AJ post.

--
Best Regards,

Masim "Vavai" Sugianto