Am 11.03.2011 16:07, schrieb Nelson Marques:
Yes please... No numbers, just a code name. Forget the movies and
other intellectual property... I would probably use Norse Mythology
which is a testament to our German roots...

Something like: openSUSE Freya, openSUSE Balder, openSUSE Wooden,
openSUSE Thor, etc. We could get names for many releases... being my
favourite: openSUSE Valhalla:)

Or any other theme free of DMCA/Intellectual Rights. And we could keep
the numbers as internal management only. For example to continue
manage our versioning through OBS/Zypper.

This kind of solution would differenciate us from all the other
distributions, would eventually not confuse users and better, would
allow very interesting choices for artwork and marketing matherials.

Just a thought...

NM
Yes, this _+_ Version number

like openSUSE 12.0 "Valhalla" (BTW, Red Hat named his release so in the past....)

and openSUSE 12.1 "Freya"

thanks

openSUSE Ambassador
http://www.suseusers.de.vu