On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Alin Marin Elena <alinm.elena@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

what about having two parts for the naming.

<some string> + <some versioning>

actually we already have them the string Celadon for 11.4 iirc

all we may have to do is to change the emphasis on what we promote... the
technical people can use numbers... the marketing people can use the name...
It is easier to catch the attention of the public with some name... I liked
coolo's idea with philosophers... metals or scientists...
on star wars characters... there are still enough people around (I included)
who never saw it...
personally I will stay away from using things from any movie franchise.

We will stay away from movie franchises for sure as I don't believe
our sponsors will like to pay royalties for others intellectual
property.
Besides we are all very huge fans of DMCA... we like them so much that
would give them reasons for sending a full battalion of 'legalese'
warriors after us, and provide them free advertising.

When from a marketing point view, instead of paying them royalties for
using their intellectual property, we should be considering doing
some money for promoting their stuff ;)

I don't think it will ever happen.

regards,
Alin

--
I force myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own
taste. -- Marcel Duchamp

Nelson Marques

/* As cicatrizes lembram-nos de onde estivemos, mas não ditam para onde vamos */