Am 11.03.2011 10:21, schrieb Alin Marin Elena:
Hi,

what about having two parts for the naming.

<some string> +<some versioning>

actually we already have them the string Celadon for 11.4 iirc

all we may have to do is to change the emphasis on what we promote... the
technical people can use numbers... the marketing people can use the name...
It is easier to catch the attention of the public with some name... I liked
coolo's idea with philosophers... metals or scientists...
on star wars characters... there are still enough people around (I included)
who never saw it...
personally I will stay away from using things from any movie franchise.

regards,
Alin
+1 Maybe we shall look at this when we use the major.minor scheme:

* Is the release a milestone for us? Do we have some spectaculary new things?

A name is a thing, that´s makes easier for non-technical people and maybe creates a "partnership" to your system. You know what I mean? I think, it´s kind of sympathic when I have a nickname for my system.

And when we arrive at 13.x 13.37 is a must have :)

thanks

openSUSE Ambassador
http://www.suseusers.de.vu