Re: [opensuse-project] Proposal for adapting the trademark guidelines
  • From: Jean Cayron <jean.cayron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 21:13:49 +0100
I also think that "name" of a publication is far more clearer. And the
examples of Jurgen are good as well.

Regards,

Jean

2011/3/7 Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>:
On Mar 07, 11 21:05:31 +0100, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
On Friday 04 March 2011 11:19:38 Jean Cayron wrote:

=== Publications ===

If you want to include all or part of an openSUSE Mark in the title or
subtitle of a publication such as a book or magazine, you should seek our
permission (see "Contact Information" below to request permission).
=====

I'd suggest to say 'name' instead of 'title' here. Maybe that makes it
clearer. Giving examples 'such as a book or magazin' is very helpful to
learn what is included. Why not also give an example of what is not
included. Something like this: 'You can use the openSUSE Mark in e.g. a
title of review inside a magazine'

The general idea we should convey is this:

If a publication clearly talks about openSUSE in third person, it's fine.
If a publication can be understood to represent, contain, be part of openSUSE,
then they need approval.

'you should seek' is not really compulsory, is it? -> 'you need'