Re: [opensuse-project] What does "is supported" mean?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 09:53:38 +0100
Martin Schlander wrote:

Tirsdag den 8. marts 2011 08:59:21 skrev Per Jessen:
What do we in the openSUSE project mean exactly when we say
"11.x is supported"?

Is there a definition of that somewhere?

Generally it means that Novell promises to provide security updates.

Dunno if there's a more official definition of "supported" somewhere.
Maybe this comes close:
http://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime

Yes, that looks about right:

During the lifetime of a release you will receive:
* security updates for all included packages
* critical bugfix updates

Okay, thanks.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.4°C)