Re: [opensuse-project] Keys to Social APIs, who should generate them
On 2011-03-03 11:08:01 +0000, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
GNOME3 (and potential KDE?) includes libsocialweb, a social data
aggregator that was used by MeeGo to provide the Social Services. It
has now moved home from under the banner of MeeGo, to under the banner
of GNOME. From the outset, the distributor would need to generate the
relevant API keys - this is something that I did when I packaged up
Smeegol.

The question I have is, now that it is no longer being going to be
rolled out as part of Smeegol but openSUSE proper, who should be
responsible for the keys? Should it be Novell, Non-Novell, or a team
that comprises a mix of both, like say the GNOME team or similar?
There are six (6) keys that need to be generated/maintained/managed:
Twitter, Facbook, Last.fm, Flickr, Digg, MySpace

The reason for asking is that someone needs to be responsible for any
misuse, updates, changes etc as required by the service.

the opensuse board and later the opensuse foundation at least for the
opensuse part. for SLE i think the desktop team should create their own
keys.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux