Re: [opensuse-project] Packman for Tumbleweed (was: Announcing openSUSE Tumbleweed project)
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:51:56 -0800
On 2010-11-30 22:31:15 (+0100), Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> [2010-11-30 21:53]:
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:37:01PM +0200, İsmail Dönmez wrote:
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
[skipping legal mambo jambo, possibly disagreed part]

(but on a side note, Greg, please stop assuming we package illegal
stuff)

My apologies.

We would indeed be highly interested in also building for Tumbleweed, at
the very least that "minimal" set of codec packages, and potentially
more than that.

That's wonderful.

I personally agree that packages that could also be on
build.opensuse.org should go there instead of being in the Packman
repository but, unfortunately, not everyone in the Packman team agrees.

Understood.

On a side note, we use the openSUSE Build Service too, with our own
instance, but it is linked with build.opensuse.org, which means that as
soon as a dependency changes on build.o.o, a rebuild is triggered on our
instance.
This means that, exactly as with Factory, if Tumbleweed is built on
build.o.o, rebuilds on Packman would be automatic.

Great, that's good to hear.

thanks for clearing that up,

greg k-h