Re: [opensuse-project] Science and Education repos/ Scientific packages
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:49:26 +0100

On 16/09/10 11:17, Alin Marin Elena wrote:
[...]
First I would like to know what is the Education repo and what is the science
repo..
which of them would be the best place to push scientific packages.

Could you give examples of what you would typically classify as
"scientific packages"? Tools like "octave", "gnuplot" etc are part
of the standard distribution as far as I know. These are tools that
I would classify as "general purpose science tools".

Cheers,
Thomas