Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: Ricardo Chung <amon0.thoth1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:57:21 -0500
On Domingo, 4 de Julio de 2010 06:01:26 jdd escribió:
Le 04/07/2010 12:45, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
I'm not sure than having different classes of "members" would be a good
idea.
Sometimes we need to know where we should ask for help to get inside knowledge
or know how or background....

we already have
* board members (elected)
Keep it that way

* members (co-opted)
Senior or Most Valued Contributors Members (regular contributors without
regards the area: research, development, marketing, press, art, IT
infrastructure, documentation, statistics, metrics, etc.

* ambassadors (self designated)
Ambassador Members. It should be monitored and must be guided to align with
the Project objectives and goals. Most probably it is a workgroup than a
category.

and, unformal:
Fans, Junior or Associates Members to openSUSE Project (new testers,
newcomers, irregular participants, etc. )

team members (wiki, testing, members selection...)
moderators (1 for mailing lists, but several for wiki or forums, co-opted)
contributors (people who help)
people with Novell account... necessary to write in some supports
(bugzilla or forums...)
people using the open medias (mailing-lists, newsgroups...)
buyers (buy a box)
unknownusers (download stuff)

These groups will work as work group at matrix project organization and these
members have mobility among groups (one person could be member at different
work groups simultaneously)

(did I forget something? probably)

isn't this enough??

You will only need three big membership categories for the openSUSE project
and community:
1) entry level;
2) merit recognized or middle level;
3) elected board

Other memberships are work groups but not a differentiated membership
categories.

Don't you think it is easier for all and less overhead?

My 0.01

--
Ricardo Chung
a.k.a. amonthoth