Re: [opensuse-project] Strategy d: Status Quo, and quantified so
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:01:49 +0200 (CEST)
On Thursday 2010-07-08 14:15, Per Jessen wrote:
What we will do:

* endeavour to support primary form-factors: workstation, laptop,
server and netbook.
* endeavour to support current hardware and mainstream architectures.

I understand this definition of "current hardware" is as fuzzy as
"old hardware", but I doubt if anyone will be able to come up with an
exact definition.

mainstream architectures are x86 and x86-64. How do we describe the
current status of support for Arm, PowerPC, Sparc etc?

Non-existent?

I wouldn't be _that_ nihilistic :-)
http://download.ares.medozas.de/Black_Ares%3a/