Re: [opensuse-project] Strategy d: Status Quo, and quantified so
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:23:30 +0200
On Thursday 08 July 2010 11:48:53 Guido Berhoerster wrote:
* Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> [2010-07-08 10:55]:
On Wednesday 30 June 2010 18:56:08 Stephan Kleine wrote:
[...]
Merge this together with Martins "poweruser" proposal and the developer
one and we have the best IMHO.

I've tried some merging with Martin's "poweruser" and Jan has updated the
proposal:

http://en.opensuse.org/Documents/Strategy/Status_quo

We have never documented the Status Quo yet, so I think it's worth while
to document that.

This was not intended as a _documentation_ of the status quo.

My goal was to create a documentation of the status quo - I would have added a
third page but Jan merged it in his proposal, so let's go from there.

Although it does that as well, it primarily constitutes a
_proposal for a strategy_ which aims to focus on and stick to

Guido, Jan calls it "Status quo" with a purpose.

existing strengths of the project while addressing some
deficiencies. In fact it incorporates parts of the other
proposals and should stand adjacent to them as an equal
alternative.

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany