Re: [opensuse-project] Strategy d: Status Quo, and quantified so
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:55:36 +0200
On Wednesday 30 June 2010 18:56:08 Stephan Kleine wrote:
[...]
Merge this together with Martins "poweruser" proposal and the developer
one and we have the best IMHO.

I've tried some merging with Martin's "poweruser" and Jan has updated the
proposal:

http://en.opensuse.org/Documents/Strategy/Status_quo

We have never documented the Status Quo yet, so I think it's worth while to
document that.

I'd ask everybody to review the page and send comments - not where you want to
go but where are we today. Is that what we've written a good description of
the status quo? What is missing from the status quo? What's wrong?

One thing that was in Martin's proposal under "We will not do anymore":
* Supporting old hardware and non-mainstream architectures
* Supporting form-factors that are not workstation, laptop, server
or netbook

What is the best way to describe the current situation regarding form-factory
and architectures?

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany