Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: "Bryen M. Yunashko" <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 21:49:49 -0500
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 20:23 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
On Wednesday 07 July 2010 18:51:12 Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:

how can they exercise their right to vote
if our primary established language is English?

By proxy, or changing voting to be multilingual.
Currently that will stretch translators even more, but then it can help
growing community and bring in more multilingual people to openSUSE.

--
Regards Rajko,

That's not what I meant. Sure its easy enough to provide ballots in
multiple languages. But its not easy for people to campaign for Board
in multiple languages. English is the de facto way that we campaign
and communicate with each other and make ourselves known to each other.
Therefore, it is a challenge for someone of a different language who
doesn't know English to follow with those discussions and campaign
efforts.

Therefore, how can they exercise their right to vote, meaning how can
they be able to come up with meaningful decisions about who is the best
candidate for their vote? That's a big challenge. But I'd love to see
it figured out somehow. I just don't have the answers to that one.

Bryen