Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Possible strategy discussion topic: Education and Training
  • From: "Bryen M. Yunashko" <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 18:15:30 -0500
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 22:58 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
Also replying a bit late, this weekend was nuts for me and not just
because of the holiday here in the US. :-)

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:29:32 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

(replying a bit late :-))

Le lundi 28 juin 2010, à 16:00 +0000, Jim Henderson a écrit :
OK, thanks - I guess what I had wanted was more than just a green light
to do something in this space, but to find out what level of commitment
there was for something like this from the project and who else was
interested in participating in figuring out how best to put something
like this together.

I think most people will agree that's something that we want to do. The
hard part is finding time, and finding someone who could lead such an
effort.

So if you're willing to work on that, you'll certainly find some help --
probably not as much as you'd like since, again, time is always an issue
for nearly everyone here ;-) Still, if you're willing to lead such an
effort, that'd be amazing!

I'm willing to contribute whatever I can based on my own skills and
knowledge. :-)

I know Bryen is interested, and I know Carlos from having worked with him
in the past - who else would be interested in helping out with this
project?

Jim
--
Jim Henderson

There are people who will join in because the idea is interesting, and
there are those who will join in because they see a plan in motion that
they feel is worth their time and interest to contribute to.

While I can say that it will take several months before I can adequately
give this my personal attention that it deserves, that shouldn't stop
you from at least going ahead and start putting together ideas about how
an effective educational system would be carried out and then fleshing
the ideas out with the rest of the community.

I guarantee you, you'll get more people joining in when you have a solid
idea or proposal in mind to present. So, go forth and
educate-ify! :-)

Bryen