Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE versioning scheme (was Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?)
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:42:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Tuesday 2010-07-06 15:54, Michael Loeffler wrote:

What exactly is wrong with the current system
IS this yet another change for the sake of change or does someone have a
rock solid reason for changing what seems to work very well for Opensuse
note We are NOT Ubuntu we are NOT Fedora we are NOT Debian .

My vote is we stay exactly as we are now and don't wreak a system that
works just because someone fancies mucking things up for something to do /
get their name mentioned ..
+1, I still don't see what's wrong with the current scheme nor real benefits
from a new scheme.

The current scheme is that we -seemingly always- start with a .0 after a .3.

(I added that to vuntz's wiki page)