Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE versioning scheme (was Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?)
  • From: DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 16:31:16 +0200
Greg Freemyer wrote:
As to the comment on the wiki that SLES numbers are too easily
confused with openSUSE version numbers, I'm not sure that's an
openSUSE issue per se. Who's impacted by the confusion.

mostly impacted are openSUSE forum question answerers who provide help
for (say) SUSE 11.1 and later learn the question was about SLED 11 SP 1..

which technically may not be a problem (i do not know enough about
SLED/S to know)..

except, if they are using the Novell product they should (imo) be
asking in the Novell, and not openSUSE, forum..

or, the oS helper may suspect the question is on SLES/D and need to
ask to clarify..

DenverD