Re: [opensuse-project] Strategy: comment on users and contributors
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 12:27:15 +0200

On 2010-07-04 18:54, Marcus Moeller wrote:
Dear Andreas.

Community - users and contributors
==================================

I think your summary is very good. I personally don't like the word
'user' at all because for me a user is similar to 'consumer' or
'lurker' and is no win for the project at all. So growing 'users' to
become contributors should be the main goal.

No, plain users are very important to linux in general and openSUSE in
particular. There is no
purpose to all this if there are no users. Linux for geeks and all that.

For instance, users means market share, which means money for hardware makers
if the users choose a
printer instead of another printer. No users means no support in hardware.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))