Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 23:46:05 +0200
Le 04/07/2010 21:50, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :

That sounds to me that our membership process (and note I'm one of those
that is responsible for its launch) is too complicated,

that's not the word I would use. Too complicated for whom?

May be already active members should spend some time scanning the
openSUSE medias for active non members people, and ask them to be
candidate?

May be some part of this could be automated. Make a script to scan all
the openSUSE archives (mailing lists, forums...) and compare the
names/e-mail of the participants to the real members.

then sorting this by number of posts and giving links to the threads,
we could go and see if there is not a potential member there

there could be two steps. Having self designated "ambassadors" don't
make me feel confident.

using a script as described, we could identify users writing
frequently (so we can beg using openSUSE), then ask them if they want
to be ambassadors (without any other condition).

Then we could make members only from the ambassadors. like this we
would have to choose members in an identified list, much easier to
follow (become member after a given time of ambassador activity?)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-support-the-Linux-Documentation-Project/372073631002?v=wall