Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: Marcus Moeller <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 18:58:08 +0200
Hi all.

But since you cannot quantify as to whether they do that,
they should really be called Registered Member instead.

"Registered member" is OK for voting.
Being contributor and real person, is enough for that.

"Core member" must show more in some of our activities, with quantity,
quality and persistence. We can call it "Leading member", but that has
connotation that we don't need. Lead is in workplace hierarchy here above
workers, and has some commanding capability.

I'm totally against creating different levels of "members" since that just
will open a bottomless can of worms why X is "only" a "member" while Y is a
"super member" but X does more than Y, at least in the opinion of X or perhaps
Z. Also it reminds me too much of that forum style by rating people based on
their post count (which doesn't say anything most of the times).

At Fedora we don't even call one a 'member' but contributor. Besides
that you can of course be a member of a specific group, e.g. the
packaging group, the artwork group etc...

--
Greets
Marcus