Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:45:30 +0200

On 2010-07-04 01:30, Stephan Kleine wrote:
On Sunday July 4 2010 00:55:03 Rajko M. wrote:

Which just leads to having some definition for being a "Distinguished
contributor" which needs to draw the border to being a "normal member" - as
in
it doesn't bring anything but just enlarges the problem.

Absolutely.

I'm not sure than having different classes of "members" would be a good idea.

IMHO people contribute cause they like to do so. If they contributed enough
they can apply for membership. And if they get declined now they can continue
contributing and reapply later and then get admitted.

I just don't see any problem with this and IMHO this whole discussion how to
call it is somehow ridiculous and unnecessary - which is why I would like to
suggest to rename "member" to "potato" and be done with it.

Mmm... I'm openSUSE Potato Carlos... Does it sound right? :-? :-p

I'm for choosing something different from "member", but not quite for having
subdivisions :-)

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))