Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 10:43:25 +0200
Le 04/07/2010 10:33, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :

Somebody said in the discussion that he felt bad whenever we had to reject
a person applying for membership. Why does it happen that people apply
that are not active? What can be done here?

It's very dificult to know what one particular people do for openSUSE.
We can do, if he work on mailing list/wiki/forums.

But there are many other places. Examples:

do members have to:

* speak english? how can we estimate non english activity?
* work on the net? How can we estimate the field (entreprises, install
fests, demo dvd spreading, teaching relatives)?
* work specifically for openSUSE? Some very active people of upstream
applications ask for membership. they work being GPL'd are used
anuwhere. How can we know if they are openSUSE active fans? may be
they coded this only for openSUSE on the beginning?

Adding the fact than presently only a handfull of members work on the
registration process! not enough!

There should be at least one active registrator on any langage, known
to be so, and the candidate instructed to send him they "registering
evidences"

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net