Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 10:10:07 +0200
I vote for name "Core member" as it describes what current "member" is
and avoids permanent confusion that we had with additional meaning that
we gave to word "member".

why not?

Why not what? :)
(question is to short, so I can't know what you refer too)

? I'm refering to tha sentence above (I vote for name "core members"...)

no, it's already too difficult to know who can be member or not!

Why is that?
To me criteria who can be a (registered) member are clear. Make your name
stick out of crowd, and you are candidate to be a (registered) member.

*I* am an active member of the selection teem, and in many cases we
have to dig in Google links in strange (no offence) langages to try to
see if somebody did really participate for openSUSE

Visibly, many active users are not Curriculum Vitae writers :-(. If we
should reject all the people difficult to follow, we would have little
members :-(

may be, but who knows who do a job? we lack evidences

Who is around can pick enough evidence of activity.
Also, by current definition of (registered) membership there are some names
that deserve recognition for past activity, but can't be considered members
right now. That is another part of attribution that is not solved.

we only have evidence in our own mailing lists (archives), and we
can't read all the langages!

but there are very valuable people that work on IRC, for example,
where are the archives? or on LUGs with no report.

so members can only be "core members, actives in a google visible kin
d". Is that fair?

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net