Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 18:08:54 -0500
I vote for name "Core member" as it describes what current "member" is
and avoids permanent confusion that we had with additional meaning that
we gave to word "member".

why not?

Why not what? :)
(question is to short, so I can't know what you refer too)

no, it's already too difficult to know who can be member or not!

Why is that?
To me criteria who can be a (registered) member are clear. Make your name
stick out of crowd, and you are candidate to be a (registered) member.

In small projects where everyone knows everybody, there is no need for
formal recognition. With project of openSUSE size, with 12164 people
that found time to create entry in https://users.opensuse.org/ and 426
that applied for membership and are approved there is no chance that
everyone knows everyone, so there is a need for formal recognition.

may be, but who knows who do a job? we lack evidences

Who is around can pick enough evidence of activity.
Also, by current definition of (registered) membership there are some names
that deserve recognition for past activity, but can't be considered members
right now. That is another part of attribution that is not solved.

jdd

--
Regards Rajko,