Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE (fwd)
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 22:39:33 +0200 (CEST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 21:19:12
From: Otso <ojrajala@xxxxxxxxx>
To: the wrong address.
Subject: Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE

Defining people as "registered members" sounds much better than core member.
It's also much clearer for outside observers to understand who are invited,
and, if they are interested, they simultaneously get a clue that they need
to register somewhere to participate.

Cheers,
Otso

On Jul 3, 2010 8:37 PM, "Jan Engelhardt" <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Saturday 2010-07-03 15:20, Rajko M. wrote:

>I vote for name "Core member" as it describes what...

But since you cannot quantify as to whether they do that,
they should really be called Registered Member instead.

>I would like to propose to introduce one more category of
members that will be
>source for Core m...

Language nitpick: "Distinguished Contributor".