Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:37:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday 2010-07-03 15:20, Rajko M. wrote:

I vote for name "Core member" as it describes what current "member" is and
avoids permanent confusion that we had with additional meaning that we gave to
word "member".

It is intuitive that Core members are those:
- that create core of project and distribution,
- have sustained activity in some of project areas (activities)

But since you cannot quantify as to whether they do that,
they should really be called Registered Member instead.

I would like to propose to introduce one more category of members that will be
source for Core members, a "Distinctive contributor". That will be those that
give a lot more then average contributor, but don't have sustained activity,
or at least not long enough to be considered as sustained.

Language nitpick: "Distinguished Contributor".