Re: [opensuse-project] Naming registered members of openSUSE
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 19:19:09 +0200
Le 03/07/2010 15:20, Rajko M. a écrit :

We started discussion about name for openSUSE "members" in another thread and
then it stopped.

I vote for name "Core member" as it describes what current "member" is and
avoids permanent confusion that we had with additional meaning that we gave
word "member".

why not?

I would like to propose to introduce one more category of members that will
be
source for Core members, a "Distinctive contributor". That will be those that
give a lot more then average contributor, but don't have sustained activity,
or at least not long enough to be considered as sustained.

no, it's already too difficult to know who can be member or not!

In small projects where everyone knows everybody, there is no need for formal
recognition. With project of openSUSE size, with 12164 people that found time
to create entry in https://users.opensuse.org/ and 426 that applied for
membership and are approved there is no chance that everyone knows everyone,
so there is a need for formal recognition.

may be, but who knows who do a job? we lack evidences

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-support-the-Linux-Documentation-Project/372073631002?v=wall