Re: [opensuse-project] Logging related
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:39:02 +0200
On Thursday 01 July 2010 21:36:30 Horváth Gergely J. (Ottó) wrote:
Hello everyone!

I had some discussions on IRC about logging in OpenSUSE and promised to
start a thread here on the ML.

Unfortunately they pointed you to the wrong place - the opensuse-factory
mailing list would be the right place to discuss this kind of changes. I
suggest you wait until 11.3 is out of the door and start again the
discussion there.

I have done a little research among distributions, to have a bigger
perspective, and based on that, I have some ideas and questions. More
important ones first:

* OpenSUSE should log auth and authpriv messages separately (like "all"
other distributions do).

Please note that the project is called "openSUSE" - always with a lowercase
"o".

Thanks for your research and bringing this up,
Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany