Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Why I wont use the forums
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:44:18 +0200

[sent later]

On 2010-06-29 21:52, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:57:35 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Perhaps what is needed is a read-only nntp group with quick help tips
such as what is appropriate on each forum/group, how to post, etc. I
think I saw some tips (I'm talking out of year-old memories) on the web
interface, but I don't see them on NNTP.

We try to make the names pretty self-descriptive; many newsreaders can
read a description field (it's optional in the RFC as I recall) that
gives a text description of the group. I don't know if the server we use
can present that, but I think it can.

I don't recall seeing it. Hovering the mouse pointer over the names do not show
a description in
thunderbird, so either the server doesn't send it or Th. doesn't use it. But I
have a foggy
recollection of seeing descriptions with leafnode.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))