Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Strategy Discussion: Mobile and cloud ready distribution
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:25:43 -0400
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all!

As we promised earlier[1] starting today we'll be discussing the third
of strategies: Mobile and cloud ready distribution[2]. Please try to add
your comments to particular bulletpoints or sentences, so it is easier
for us to merge your suggestions into final form. Happy discussing!

<snip>

Pavol RUSNAK                                       SUSE LINUX, s.r.o

Interesting to be in middle of this mobile discussion when a openfate
entry is created to have next opensuse release (post 11.3) support the
ARM architecture.

https://features.opensuse.org/310070

If you follow the links, several developers have already expressed a
willingness to help.

The way I read it, they seem to be estimating 4-12 additional
man-months of effort to do it. (There has already been a several
man-months invested with the 11.2 factory code spring 2009).

Watching this openfate entry should show how much support there is in
the opensuse contributer base for at least this form of low-end
computing.

Greg