Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Strategy Discussion: Home for developers
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:04:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday 2010-06-21 10:05, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----

openSUSE - Home for developers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All these recently proposed statements makes me wonder what people
see being wrong with how things are currently done (besides the
process not being explicitly documented). I find that many points
from the different statements are already fulfilled and that
selecting any particular one statement as the Master Statement would
truncate openSUSE:Factory from what it is today.
You even mention it:

2.c.) As project, we will not focus on the following anymore:

* Applications not related to development (directly or indirectly)

And that is sooo unspecific.
Almost any package could be said to relate to development.
And conversely, it could also be said to not.

"firefox no because it's for browsing"
"firefox yes because you develop, uh, webpages."
"but then I want minesweeper, because it inspires me
on what to put on the webpage"...

sort of like that.