Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making transparency ...
  • From: Matt Gray <mjg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 11:01:57 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Thursday, 2009-08-27 at 14:28 +0100, Matt Gray wrote:

In an effort to preempt a flame war let me just restate that i am
delighted that suse is committed to, and markets itself as, as a
technically excellent dual DE distro, and that i wholly support
opensuse's commitment to maintaining equal support for both Gnome
and KDE.

I really hope you are right there.

-- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

I see nothing to lead me to any other conclusion; it is the stated
policy, it has been reaffirmed by all responsible persons, and at every
stage of the process started by the openfate request the opensuse bods
have said that no decision they make on the matter will change their
commitment to equal support for both DE's.

I support that wholeheartedly, as I believe it is a key product
differentiation with ubuntu and other successful distro's, and that
opensuse would lose users if they became a KDE shop.