Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making transparency ...
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:16:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-08-30 at 14:26 -0500, Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy wrote:

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Patrick Shanahan<ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was present during the wonderment of the kde users when it was
announced that Novell had chosen gnome for the desktop for the sponsored
editions and witnessed the dismay and concern that kde would be dropped.
I believe that, perhaps, you are feeling that same dismay?

That's apples and oranges. When GNOME was selected as the default for
SLED, it wasn't a big deal because *we don't make SLED*. That's not
our product, that's not our community. In this case, we *are* placing
GNOME as a second-class citizen by telling our users to use KDE, not
GNOME. We're being told by our own community that KDE is what we're
going to push on new users.

Exactly.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.