Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making transparency ...
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:35:55 -0400
* Christian Jäger <christian.jaeger@xxxxxx> [08-27-09 16:03]:
redefining it as a smaller circle (openSUSE minus GNOME).

This is not now nor evey was contemplated. It exists *only* in your mind.
The entire discussion was based in making a default choice based on
expected usage and was not to show partiality or demonstrate a
better-worse situation, and was intended to address the new linux user
only.

Those with some degree of familiarity have no difficulty in choosing that
environment which they wish to use. Most of us have tried many of the
various desktops available after our first install just to see what was
available. I can guarentee that I use the desktop I choose because I
tried all that I found available over a period of time and choose that
which I preferred. I do have gnome, windowmaker, blackbox, fluxbox,
fvwm2, icewm, twm and kde installed and have at one time or another
utilized every one of them since I installed 11.2 on 23 June.

You *obviously* prefer gnome. Have you not tried any of the others
before making your choice and are you not interested that one of the
others may have a feature you might like?

The world and hopefully the openSUSE Community will not fall based on the
placement of one tick on an installation screen for a computer operating
system.

Your loyalty is commendable, but please look past the end of the tunnel.