Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making transparency ...
  • From: Matt Gray <mjg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:28:00 +0100
Martin Schlander wrote:
Torsdag den 27. august 2009 13:42:36 skrev Michael Meeks:

Thank you for you mail; it was exactly what I was looking for, and most
helpfully re-assuring. It is indeed sad that re-assurance is necessary I
suppose

Maybe now you guys understand why KDE users needed some reassurance after the
long list of events in recent years which had left the vast majority of our
community not feeling assured _at_all_.

Good point.

Regardless of the truth of Novells support for both KDE and Gnome,
Novell have had to constantly battle the [[perception]] that KDE was
being sidelined.

This perception of ill-treatment was perhaps similar in nature to that
expressed in this thread, and was amplified by the fact that KDE users
didn't have the reassurance of knowing that Novell had just bought
Ximian distro and decided to use Gnome in its commercial suse products.

In an effort to preempt a flame war let me just restate that i am
delighted that suse is committed to, and markets itself as, as a
technically excellent dual DE distro, and that i wholly support
opensuse's commitment to maintaining equal support for both Gnome and KDE.

All the best