Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Decision making transparency ...
  • From: Administrator <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:54:48 +0100
On Wednesday 26 Aug 2009, Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy wrote:
No, we're not reading into something that isn't there, we're reading
into something that's completely there. You've made a political
decision, whether you meant to or not, that KDE is more important than
GNOME.

I don;t think there's anything in this decision which says that one or the
other DE is "more important" - the default is to do with convenience during
install, not importance.

It is a political decision as there is no clear technical basis for deciding
and there are two (or maybe three) competing voices. It is a good decision
as the basis for making the decision was explained and makes sense to most of
us.

David