Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #307495: GNOME default
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:48:37 +0200
On Wednesday 26 August 2009 04:54:44 Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy wrote:
So now that the decision's been made, we can't voice our arguments that
the decision was wrong and was made wrong? The waste of time was started
by a minority of KDE contributors who, knowing our history with desktops
and that it's an extremely sensitive issue that we've pretty much solved
by not suggesting one or the other, decided to open Pandora's Box, to
use an earlier quote, and distract the community what we should be doing
right now, and that is making 11.2 awesome, *not* using it to make
political statements in favor of one desktop.

Since you enjoy earlier quotes, I suggest that you re-read the #306967 thread
and familiarise yourself with the actual reasons given by its supporters,
rather than misrepresenting the most demanded feature ever as 'a waste of
time', and painting a distrust of where the distribution is headed among the
majority of our users as 'pretty much solved'.

Will