Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #307495: GNOME default
  • From: "Kevin \"Yeaux\" Dupuy" <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:54:44 -0500
On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 18:05 +0200, Will Stephenson wrote:
Just because you're wasting time re-discussing it now doesn't reduce the
feature to a "loss of time". But you can make it less of a net benefit to
openSUSE by tying up contributors' time in chewing it over again with you.

Will

So now that the decision's been made, we can't voice our arguments that
the decision was wrong and was made wrong? The waste of time was started
by a minority of KDE contributors who, knowing our history with desktops
and that it's an extremely sensitive issue that we've pretty much solved
by not suggesting one or the other, decided to open Pandora's Box, to
use an earlier quote, and distract the community what we should be doing
right now, and that is making 11.2 awesome, *not* using it to make
political statements in favor of one desktop.
--
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy
openSUSE Project Member